The Pastoral Care Guild
“Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.” James 5:13-15
St. Michael’s Pastoral Care Guild provides pastoral care and in-reach for our Church families in need. This active Guild is organized into five subcommittees which function to meet different needs, with clergy input.
- Pastoral Visitors Committee – Church volunteers visit shut-ins, those in the hospital, nursing homes, and other occasions when a member is unable to participate in the church.
- Pastoral Food Committee – Provides meals on a short term basis for those going through a medical or other type of situation wherein they are temporarily unable to provide for themselves.
- Pastoral Funeral Reception Committee – Supports grieving families by providing funeral receptions at the Church when requested.
- Pastoral Transportation Committee – Provides transportation to Church for services and the like for those who are unable to drive.
- Pastoral Note Card Ministry Committee – writes personal note cards, signed as from the ‘St. Michael’s Staff and Church Family’, to parishioners who are unable to attend church, are somewhat isolated and alone, and for immediate needs such as illnesses and deaths.
Whatever the pastoral need, the Pastoral Care Guild is here for you. If you, or someone you know has a need, please contact us directly: